Nectar Collector & Dab Straw
Nectar collectors are rapidly becoming the trendiest choice for smoking concentrates. Many dabbing enthusiasts consider them one of the most convenient tools to use. But what is a nectar collector?
A nectar collector is a type of mini dab rig recognizable by its vertical, straw-like design. Nectar Collectors are designed to vaporize hash and concentrates. They are portable and use a dish to help avoid some of the mess of tooling your dab when on the go. And of course, what’s a dab without proper percolation? A Nectar Collector offers water-filtration typical of the common dab rig, but in a spill-proof design. It includes a straw used as a mouthpiece and a titanium or quartz tip that is heated up and used to vaporize cannabis concentrate. Use nectar collectors by first heating up the tip with a torch and then using the hot tip to make contact with a concentrate. They are sometimes also called dab straws or honey straws.
- Here’s some of the main components of a nectar collector:
- Mouthpiece - A glass or silicone straw-like mouthpiece with a flared top. It can be used like a straw to sip on dab vapor.
- Tip - Made of titanium, quartz or ceramic, a nectar collector’s tip (usually 10mm or 14mm in size) is heated and directly applied to the concentrate.
- Concentrate Container - A food-grade glass or silicone dish used to contain the dab.
Water chamber - A percolator within the design of the body that uses water to filter the dab vapor.
- How does a nectar collector work?
- Nectar collector is an extremely simple and effective way to dab wax and other concentrates. As people look for ways to discreetly enjoy dabs without a large dab rig, nectar collectors are becoming increasingly more common. They are also evolving to have many valuable features that people look for in high-quality pipes and rigs. So now we can discuss how to use a nectar collector.
- To dab using a nectar collector, follow the steps below:
- 1.Put your wax, oil, distillate or other concentrates in a glass, quartz or silicone dish.
- 2.Heat the tip of the nectar collector with a butane torch until red hot.
- 3.Allow the nectar collector to cool to your desired temperature.
- 4.You can check the temperature with an infrared thermometer (Optional Step).
- 5.Touch the hot tip to your wax or concentrates to vaporize them.
6.Suck lightly on the cool end of the nectar collector and inhale gently.
- Which types of concentrates can be consumed using a nectar collector?
- Like most dab rigs, the nectar collector only works with concentrates, not loose leaf cannabis. Nectar collectors are versatile dabbing tools that allow you to smoke nearly every concentrate available including, but not limited to:
Wax / Shatter / Oil / Budder / Crumble / Live resin / Rosin / Hash
- What are the benefits of using a nectar collector?
- Compared to the traditional dab rig, nectar collector has several benefits. While you won’t want to replace your at-home rig, investing in a nectar collector can open up the dabbing possibilities. Here are 4 benefits of using a nectar collector:
- Affordable - Compared to large dab rig setups, a nectar collector can come at a much lower price point. Nectar collectors are perfect for budget or new users looking for a convenient way to get high without the fuss.
- Portable - Whether you want to keep your rig at home due to its large size or don’t want to risk breaking it on-the-go, nectar collectors come in a lightweight, travel-friendly size that can be disassembled and easily stored in your backpack, purse or carry-on luggage. Break apart the tip, body and mouthpiece and store them in a safe environment that won’t crush each piece.
- Efficient - One of the biggest selling points for dab straws is the no-waste method of consumption. A nectar collector gives you the ability to simply dip and dab without wasting any oil getting scorched or puddling in the corner of a dab nail.
Easy to use - With a nectar collector, there is no loading of dabs like there is with a dab rig. All you need to do is assemble the collector, heat, dip and sip. No need to go through a drawn-out entire ritual when you can dab on-the-go.
- Types of Nectar Collectors
- Just like bongs and dab rigs, there are multiple types of nectar collectors. Unfortunately, the selection is a little bit more limited since it's a small device with limited uses.
- But no worries, there are still plenty of nectar collector options available. Let's take a look at the most common types of nectar collectors.
- Honey Straw
- One of the biggest questions that you may have when shopping for a nectar collector is, what is the difference between a nectar collector and a honey straw? The answer? It's mainly the size because dab straws are so thin and small.
- All of the names that you’ll encounter are often ways to describe the same thing: a vertical dab instrument. If you see honey straw or dab straw, don’t worry. They’re all the same things.
- Silicone Nectar Collector
- Silicone nectar collector means unbreakable nectar collector.
- Would you be surprised to know that silicone isn't traditionally one of the original ways to make bongs or dab rigs? Yep, glass and ceramic have long been the kings of the smoking game. But, silicone is becoming a popular material to use for various smoking tools. This is mostly because of its affordability and ease of cleaning. All you have to do is soak them in some hot water and soap or freeze them to crack off the harder concentrates and you’re good to go. Finally, you don’t have to worry about breaking them as they are much more duraboe than other options on this list!
- Glass Nectar Collector
- Glass is a staple material for almost all types of smoking accessories. From bongs to pipes, glass is a sturdy and rather inexpensive material. It's no surprise this carried over to the nectar collector craze when people started using this device. These types of nectar collectors mimic the traditional dab in the closest way possible.
- The vapors you inhale circulate throughout the collector to deliver a clean, fresh hit to your mouth. These are perfect for both beginners and experienced dabbers.
- Silicone and Glass Combined Nectar Collector
- When you want the benefits that silicone and glass have to offer in your nectar collector - then a conbined silicone and glass honey straw may be your best choice.
- Silicone and glass nectar collectors have a significant benefit over traditional silicone nectar collectors because they have the ability of water filtration. Water filtration is a massive benefit because it makes for a smoother hit.
- Our silicone Glass Honey Straw Kit is the perfect example of everything you need for wax and oil-based concentrates. Not only do you get a honey straw with a detachable titanium tip, but you also have two glass tip accessories that allow you to turn your nectar collector into a mini-dab rig that’s ready for anything that you can throw at it.
- If you see yourself using a nectar collector often or you want a future-proof device as you continue your journey into the world of concentrates, then a silicone and glass nectar collector is a perfect choice.
- Electric Nectar Collector
- The electronic nectar collectors are perfect for convenience, as you don't have to carry a torch with you along. Thus, portability is enhanced with electronic nectar collectors. The only concern you might have is cleaning. You have to be a little extra cautious when cleaning to avoid getting any electronic parts wet or damaged. eStraw is the physical representation of everything that an electric nectar collector should be. Designed with new hollowed coil-less ceramic heating tip. Unlike products on the market, surprisingly, there’s no direct contact between coil and contents. Now, the heat is perfectly evenly distributed. No burning and the taste are smoother. More durable. In as little as 8-seconds, the eStraw is ready and willing to take on your oil or wax concentrates.
- Furthermore, the eStraw is fast charging, so that you never miss a session. Paired with rapid charging time and heating time - the eStraw is an example of pure dabbing bliss. Just dab-and-go!
- Electric Dab Straw With Water Filter
- When you want the best of the best, regardless of price, then an electric dab straw with a water filter is for you. Not only do these types of nectar collectors offer the convenience of an electric dab straw, but they also empower you to produce the smoothest hit imaginable.
- Water filtration is a tried-and-true method that reduces the harshness of smoke or vapor. Its benefits are two-pronged, such as removing harmful carcinogens from the smoke and cooling down the temperature of the smoke.
Whether you’re new to nectar collectors or you’re looking to add a new device to your collection - electric dab straws with water filtering capabilities are ideal for any type of wax or oil that you use.
- How To Clean Your Nectar Collector?
- To clean your nectar collector, start by removing its tip and blowing through the mouthpiece. This action pushes the water out, so you can then fill the chamber with the cleaning agent. Place the nectar collector’s body upright inside the drinking glass and allow it to soak for about an hour.